Aberdeen for a Fairer World (AFW) is recruiting a part-time Global Learning Adviser, to join our team at Montgomery Development Education Centre (MDEC) in Aberdeen.
Part-time – 21 hours per week
£16.00 per hour
Fixed term, initially early August 2017 – 30 April 2018 (continuation dependent on funding)
Main duties will include:
- Supporting teachers and schools in Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Moray, Orkney and Shetland in the delivery of global learning.
- Developing and delivering continuing professional development (CPD) for teachers, focusing on Learning for Sustainability as an aspect of the Curriculum for Excellence.
- Evaluating work and reporting to funders.
- Understand and be committed to global justice issues such as human rights, sustainable development and Fair Trade.
- Have experience of the design and delivery of training sessions and interactive workshops.
- Possess good IT skills and, ideally, have experience of using social media.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage own work, achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Be confident to work independently and also work effectively as part of a team.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have access to a car and hold a full driving licence.
To apply for this post, please send a detailed CV with a covering letter with your contact details and explanation of how you fit the person specification and why you are interested in the post.
Applications should be submitted either by email (preferred) to: email@example.com or by post to:
Dr Geraldine McNeill (Human Resources Lead)
Montgomery Development Education Centre
79 Queen Street
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 19 June 2017 at 12 noon.
Interviews will be held in early July 2017.
Aberdeen for a Fairer World is an Equal Opportunities employer. The decision to interview and employ will be based on the suitability of the candidate regardless of age, ethnic origin, sex or disability.
Montgomery Development Education Centre is the education section of
Aberdeen for a Fairer World Scottish Charity Number SC014585.
79 Queen Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AN