Fair Trade Business Development Officer (part-time)
Part-time – 5 hours per week
£14.00 per hour
Fixed term, 12 months from October 2018 (continuation dependent on further funding)
Aberdeen for a Fairer World wishes to appoint a part-time Fair Trade Business Development Officer to develop opportunities to increase engagement with, and generate income from, Fair Trade activities in Aberdeen city and shire.
- Exploring opportunities and developing contacts to increase the reach of Fair Trade activities in Aberdeen city and shire
- Identifying new retail and other activities which could generate income from Fair Trade activities
- Organising occasional Fair Trade pop-up stalls, including working with volunteers and keeping records.
Other duties may include attending meetings of, and working with, Aberdeen City Fair Trade Steering Group and leading occasional Fair Trade awareness raising sessions with key target groups.
- Knowledge of the Fair Trade movement and commitment to the principles of social justice for producers
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with AFW colleagues and the wider public
- Good IT skills and experience of using the internet, email and Microsoft Office software packages
- Ability to keep accurate financial records
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- A clean driving licence
- Experience of the retail sector
- Access to a car
- Experience within the voluntary sector
To apply, please email your detailed CV with a covering letter to Dr Geraldine McNeill, HR Lead: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, including a more detailed job specification, please call the Montgomery Development Education Centre on 01224 620111 or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 1 October 2018 at 12 noon.
Aberdeen for a Fairer World is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Applicants should be prepared to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.