Global Learning Advisor (part-time)
21 hours per week, £16.50 per hour
Fixed term 12 months from July 2019 in the first instance, continuation dependent on further funding
Aberdeen for a Fairer World (AFW) wishes to appoint a Global Learning Advisor, working in its education section, the Montgomery Development Education Centre (MDEC).
The successful candidate will focus primarily on MDEC’s responsibility for promoting, arranging and delivering training, advice and support to teachers and schools in the North East of Scotland who are participating in the Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning (CCGL) programme, run by the British Council and funded by DfID: connecting-classrooms.britishcouncil.org
Professional Learning for teachers: promoting, arranging and delivering the CCGL programme’s training courses, maintaining engagement with attendees and reporting progress to funders.
Local Advisor to schools/clusters: providing support and advice to schools/clusters seeking to form international partnerships under the CCGL programme and to schools/clusters applying for funding from the British Council under the CCGL programme and reporting progress to funders.
You will also be involved in MDEC’s core education work.
- Understanding of and commitment to global justice issues
- Experience of designing and delivering training sessions and interactive workshops
- Ability to manage own work, meet deadlines, report on progress and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills (including written) and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Creative approach to work, including promotion of activities and maximising engagement
- Good IT skills and, ideally, experience of using social media for professional purposes
- Flexible approach to work, including travel across NE Scotland and some evening/weekend working
- Access to a car and a full driving licence
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of the Scottish school education system and curriculum
- Experience of delivering global learning in schools
- Experience in project design, project management and the development of funding applications
- Experience within the voluntary/third sector
To apply, please email your detailed CV, along with a covering letter, to Dr Geraldine McNeill, HR Lead: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, including a more detailed job description, please call AFW’s office at the Montgomery Development Education Centre on 01224 620111 or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Friday 17 May 2019
Aberdeen for a Fairer World is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Applicants should be prepared to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
Aberdeen for a Fairer World Scottish Charity Number SC014585
45 Victoria Street, Aberdeen AB10 1UX